08 March 2011

Styling 101 with Shannon Fricke

Last Friday saw me off to The Little Cottage in Bangalow for the latest Styling 101 course with Shannon Fricke. I'm becoming a little bit of a regular at the Cottage and are loving every minute of the courses I am doing. Two courses down, one more to go!

I had such a great time learning all the ins and outs of being a stylist on photo shoots. We spent the first half of the day, developing a concept for a "Spring" shoot for a magazine or working on a shoot which would incorporate your own products (a lot of the ladies that attended the course have their own businesses), then the afternoon putting our styling skills to the test. Here is what everyone came up with....


This was my attempt. Probably not as skilled as the others but I wanted the "just picked" from the garden look. I love how the light is bouncing through the window


If you have been thinking of taking one of Shannon's courses, you won't be disappointed, they are fantastic. You will have so much fun hanging out with other creative minds. A word of warning though, don't eat before you go there, Nikki puts on the most amazing lunch ever. In fact she outdid herself this time with baked ham - yummy!

Details of Shannon's workshops can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. You did a fab job lovely. I'm so pleased you are enjoying the courses.

    ReplyDelete