01 July 2011

{ one for the bucket list }

My goodness imagine the maintenance on this garden?  I couldn't even imagine dreaming up a garden like this, let alone ensuring each of those sculptures were kept in pristine condition.

Château de Marqueyssac is a 17th century chateau and gardens located at Vézac, in the Dordogne Department of France (note to self I must look this up!).

There are over 150,000 boxwood trees carved (good grief!).  The gardens were only opened to the public in 1996 and since 1997, have been classified amongst the Notable Gardens of France - and I can see why.

I'll have to add this to my bucket list!




2 comments:

  1. OOH my goodness, i expected to see and pink unicorn running through the scene! Beautiful post- makes me want to be 3 again!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  2. That garden is insane... whoever's charged with looking after it must wake regularly in the middle of the night with anxiety attacks (well I would!)... x

    ReplyDelete