03 December 2010

the new snazzy bedroom

To say I'm just a little bit excited would be great understatement.

My husband's study is undergoing come renovations (more on that soon) and I've been a little bit jealous of the nice new room he will have so I set about the task of leaving some hits that perhaps our bedroom could get a new look too...sneakingly leaving magazine cut outs in amongst his papers, images left open on the computer etc - needless to say, he took the bait!

I showed my friend Leah from Little Maison a magazine cutout of the most divine (yes, it is stunning) bedside table I loved and asked her if she could design our room around it (and the light blue walls we have...don't ask, we inherited them which I must admit have grown on me)...this is what she came up with.


Said grape inlay bedside tables - aren't they divine? There's a beautiful matching chest.


mirror lampbases for the bedside tables with some snazzy lamp shades

square bevelled mirror for above the matching grape inlay chest

The most divine Bianca Lorenne lime silk velvet coverlet and matching pillows. I so LOVE lime at the moment and these will look stunning with the grape bedside tables. Simple white linen on the bed with the coverlet at the end of the bed for a pop of colour. Scattered grape velvet euro cushions to tie it all in.

ginger jars, mirror and silver photo frames finish the look

So what do you think? With any luck I'll have my nice new room by Christmas. I can't wait.




1 comment:

  1. Love the bedside tale. I love mother of pearl...and lime.

    ReplyDelete