01 September 2010

the finish line is almost here!

I can't believe I am saying this but I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel - the finish line is fast approaching, the pool renovation is almost complete. YAH!!!



Of course there have been some hiccups along the way....

The massive Norfolk Pine to the right of the pool put a stop to some of my deck plans. Instead of it being all one level it now has a 4.5 mtr bench along the fence line - the biggest day bed in history. I think in the end it will be perfectly fine and very practical once I make some cushions for it.

How great is the deck? I'm loving the grey timber, works really well with the coping. It's some fancy "fake" timber that won't need any maintenance - music to my ears, the thought of oiling a timber deck didn't excite me.

Was so excited to finally fill up the pool, for it to leak! Can you believe it? Apparently it is quite common for it to occur (what the?). Two men in scuba diving suits later and the leak has been fixed (well it hasn't leaked in the last 24 hrs so that's encouraging!).

So, only the filtration hut to be built and the stone to go on the wall and around the daybed and we are good to go. Summer here I come!

1 comment: