17 November 2009

i'm back and I have some exciting news

Seems like ages since I last blogged! This week I've managed to blow up my broadband connection, foxtel is on the blink (I love IQ, always great to catch up on all the trashy shows whilst handsewing) and having issues with the dishwasher(washing by hand hasn't been fun!). Oh course all the little "issues" seem to happen when you are in a mad panic to get things done.

One more sleep and I'm on a jet plane to Sydney for the Magnolia Square Markets. The markets start this Thursday from 2pm at Randwick Racecourse and will run for three days. There will be loads of wonderful retailers there (and me of course!) over 80 of them showcasing the very best in unique homewares,fashion, jewellery, children's clothing, art and edible treats - I couldn't think of a better place to start and finish your Christmas shopping! Saturday will be a lovely day to bring the kids with ballons, pony rides, facepainting and cupcake decorating classes. Cost is $8 (littles get in free) which includes a carpark and if your husbands are lucky enough to be coming - they get in free for their efforts!



Now if that wasn't enough to entice you to the markets, what about this? The amazingly talented Mandy Sutcliffe (yes the British illustrator behind Belle and Boo) will be stopping by my stand on Saturday (21 November) from 11am to sign prints, have a chat about her work and say hello. How excited am I. I have a wide selection of prints, soaps, gift tags and badges that will be available for sale from Thursday - so don't miss this fantastic opportunity - its not everyday we get a visit from a UK friend.

Hope to see everyone at the markets.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment